Come meet the young pianist Nathan Lee, the ninth recipient of our Performance Award, which is presented to a winner of the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in New York City. The Champaign, IL, New Gazette, when reviewing his “well-balanced and challenging recital,” described him as “hugely talented.” We concur.
A native of Sammanish, Washington, he already has made his Kennedy Center debut, and has appeared at the University of Illinois and Rockefeller University, among others, as well as giving recitals for Radio France, and in Korea and Perugia, Italy.
His program will include:
- Schumann: Abegg Variations, Op. 1
- Beethoven: Sonata No. 21, Op. 53 ("Waldstein")
- Ravel: Selections from Miroirs
- Scarlatti: Sonata in F minor, K. 466; Sonata in E Major, K. 380; Sonata in D minor, K. 141
- Chopin: Ballade No. 3 in A-flat Major Op. 47
- Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
Friends of Music Concerts, Inc., is a 501 (c)(3) tax-deductible non-profit organization