CANCELED: Our Spring Season Concerts on 3/28, 4/18, and 5/2 have been cancelled
Due to the escalating situation caused by the coronavirus we have reluctantly cancelled the spring season.
These three programs have been rescheduled for the 2021-22 Season.
Join Our Board
Board Member and Committee Volunteer Recruitment Profile
Friends of Music Concerts, Inc., is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, founded in 1954, which has brought the finest chamber music to Westchester audiences. In an annual six-concert series, it showcases both world-renowned ensembles and distinguished younger artists who illustrate the diversity and fine quality of chamber music today. With its residency program in public schools and free student admission to its concert series, it gives young people in the community enhanced exposure to and appreciation of classical music, with a view toward building audiences for the future.
As we build interest in classical music among a new generation by expanding into more schools and growing and diversifying our concert audiences, we are seeking additional board members and committee volunteers to help us expand our community of support and our public profile.
This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity for people who wish to bring their love of music to a wider audience in Westchester. Your expertise, energy and ambassadorship can help keep chamber music thriving.
Friends of Music is looking for new Board members and off-Board, equally-valued volunteer committee members with any combination of the following characteristics:
- Corporate networks, especially in industries for which arts and culture within their customer and employee communities is a priority for their philanthropy.
- Expertise and networks in law, accounting and management consulting.
- Leadership experience in fundraising, governing, strategic planning for nonprofits.
- Marketing/public relations or audience development expertise.
- Editorial experience and publications production.
- Government/public affairs experience with policy and political connections.
- Grant writing experience or willingness to develop expertise.
- A willingness to make a personal donation and to fundraise from others.
- Knowledge of estate planning.
- Interest in working collaboratively with a diverse team of committed people to bring Friends of Music to the next stage of its evolution.
Do you see yourself or someone you know fitting our prospective board member or committee member profiles? Are you excited by the prospect of helping to lead Friends of Music to an even brighter future? To learn how you can join our team of people committed to our growth, please contact Betsy Shaw Weiner at 914-271-2465 or email her at email@example.com.